Click here to go to our new online registration page: Registration Page
- June 7 at Huntington Hills
- June 14 home v Muskingum
- June 21 at Baltimore
- June 28 home v. Pataskala
- July 8 at Groveport
- July 10 home v. Pickerington
- July 20 -- Championships at Denison 11 and up
7 a.m. to noon
- July 21 -- Championships at Denison 10 and under
7 a.m. to noon
- July 24 End of the Year Awards and Pool Party, 6 p.m. at the shelter house
Click here to download a calendar of swim team practices and events: Swim Team Calendar
Summer swim is FUN! Generations of families have returned to Valley View summer after summer to learn to swim, be with friends and compete at a higher level. Parents can even expect to have some fun hanging out at meets and at the volunteer stations. So how does all this work?
Suit Fitting and ordering: May 13 from 12-2 at Valley View Pool. Come register for the team and try on suits to see what fits best. If you already know your size, you can order a suit online right now and still get our team discount. Here is the link:
Swim Suit Orders password: gators
Practice: Practices start May 31. Swimmers are expected to attend a minimum of three practices per week in order to participate in meets. The more practices, the better your swimmer will get! Morning practices are M-F from 8-9:30 for 11 and older or 9:30 -10:30 for 10 and under. Evening practices are held M-Th (except on meet nights) from 5-6 for all ages.
Saturday’s meet is in the morning and all others are in the evening. Your swimmer must participate in a minimum of three meets to be eligible for Championships. Championships will be held indoors at Denison University this year. Eleven and older will be swimming on THURSDAY, July 20 with the 10 and under swimming on FRIDAY, July 21. Those meets will start at 9 a.m. on both days with warm up times to be announced later. The set-up of Champs this year will require swimmers to remain on the swim deck with coaches and volunteers. Parents and all other spectators will remain in the spectator seating.
• Registration – team registration rates remain the same: $85 for the first swimmer in your family, $75 for the second, $65 for the third and $25 for each additional swimmer.
• Pool fees – Valley View pool members will be paying a $10 fee to the pool for team usage. Non-members pay a $50 fee for team usage.
• Fundraising – Each FAMILY (not swimmer) is responsible for $50 in raffle ticket sales.
• Time – all meets are run by parent volunteers. Each family is expected to sign up for 4 jobs during the season. At times, depending on the number of registrants, we may be asking for more volunteers. We appreciate your additional assistance in any way you can help.
• Team Suit – swimmers are not required to have a team suit. We recommend them as they are very durable but any black or green suit will work. *NEW THIS YEAR…JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP TO VALLEY VIEW POOL – If you are not planning on getting a family membership, perhaps your swimmer would like to have the benefits of an individual membership at the reduced rate of $150 (this is only available for swim team members and through this registration form)
• Concession buyout – All families are required to either sign up to bring a food item to each home meet or choose to “buyout” with a $40 payment. Those dollars allow our concession volunteers to purchase items for the concession stand.
For questions, please contact our parent board President, Janis Smeltzer at: email@example.com